Nixxes Software is proud to announce that we have teamed up with our long term partners at Crystal Dynamics to bring the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider to the Playstation 4!
In addition to working with Crystal Dynamics to create the best experience for Lara Croft’s latest adventure on the PlayStation 4, we also have been part of the development of the Rise of the Tomb Raider “Blood Ties” story DLC, including development of the Sony VR mode for “Blood Ties”.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration includes the critically acclaimed Rise of the Tomb Raider, nominated for over 75 “Best Of” awards, in which Lara Croft becomes more than a survivor as she embarks on her first Tomb Raiding expedition to the most treacherous and remote regions of Siberia.
Rise of the Tomb Raider: 20 Year Celebration also includes the new “Blood Ties” single player content, PlayStation VR support, new Co-Op play for Endurance mode, “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting for the main campaign, 20 Year Celebration outfit and gun, and 5 classic Lara skins. It also includes all previously released Downloadable Content such as Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, Endurance Mode, Cold Darkness Awakened, 12 outfits, 7 weapons, and 35 expedition cards. With over 50 hours of gameplay, this is the most comprehensive version of the award-winning experience.
- The Critically Acclaimed Action Adventure – In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Lara uncovers an ancient mystery that places her in the cross-hairs of a ruthless organization known as Trinity. As she races to find the secret before Trinity, the trail leads to a myth about the Lost City of Kitezh. Lara knows she must reach the Lost City and its hidden secrets before Trinity as she sets out for Siberia on her first Tomb Raiding expedition.
- NEW “Blood Ties” Single Player Story – In the wake of her father’s death, Lara’s uncle challenges her ownership of Croft Manor. Lara is determined to reclaim her legacy and prove that she is the rightful heir, but to do that she will need to confront her past head on. Explore Lara’s childhood home in over an hour of new story, and uncover a family mystery that will change her life forever. This new mode is playable in standard third person and can also be experienced in first person with PlayStation VR.
- NEW “Lara’s Nightmare” Mode – Lara’s worst nightmares come alive as hordes of the undead overrun her childhood home. Test your zombie-killing skills in the replayable mode, featuring a haunted Croft Manor filled with new challenges as you fight to rid the Manor of an evil presence.
- NEW Endurance Mode Co-Op: For the first time in a Tomb Raider game, a new online co-op expansion to Endurance mode lets fans raid tombs in a brutal wilderness together. Two players must team up to survive the harsh elements by day, as well as lethal threats from enemies by night. Fire takes fuel, food restores health, and every resource must be hunted, collected, or crafted. Battle to the top of the leaderboards, as others try to beat your longest survival run.
- NEW 20 Year Celebration Content – Five classic Lara Croft skins as well as a reimagined outfit that pays tribute to Lara’s trip to Antarctica in Tomb Raider III. New content also includes the “Extreme Survivor” difficulty setting in Rise of the Tomb Raider that will severely limit your save points, crafting materials, resources, ammunition, and health – only the most resourceful and capable will survive.
- Includes all Previously Released DLC – Includes all downloadable content, which will extend your single-player campaign and will allow you to compete with friends. Three major releases will challenge you to survive the extreme conditions of Endurance Mode, explore a new tomb that houses an ancient terror in Baba Yaga: The Temple of the Witch, and combat waves of infected predators in Cold Darkness Awakened. In addition, new outfits, weapons, and Expedition Cards will keep you customizing, expanding, and challenging your friends to new adventures.