We’re looking for a highly collaborative, passionate, and skilled Technical Artist to support our artists and engineers in creating AAA experiences for our upcoming projects.
- Work with modelers and programmers to create 3D art and bring it into the engine
- Support artists and engineers in the use of the 3D art pipeline and user-facing engine tools
- Provide hands-on support to artists and engineers in regard to asset performance and validation
- Review creative process and identify opportunities for tool improvements
- Develop 3D art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency
- Solve challenging technical issues in the 3D asset pipeline
- Collaborate with engineers and testers to diagnose and resolve in-game problems
- Inspire and empower the art team to optimize their processes
- Collaborate with partner studios to share technology and best practices
- Work with the Art Director to identify project-specific rendering needs and to develop an implementation plan
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed
- Minimum 1 year experience in a digital art content creation pipeline, ideally in the video game industry
- 3−4 years of experience as a Modeler, FX Artist in game industry
- Professional experience as a technical artist/tools programmer.
- The number and variety of tech-art areas of interest in your past activity is also important
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong understanding of modelling and art tools (Maya, Houdini, Photoshop, etc.)
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Ability to work with technical documentation;
- Experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of high level coding language. (Python, Mel, C#, etc.)
- Experience with shader development in a 3D modeling package (e.g. Maya/Substance) and/or game engine (e.g. Unreal Engine).
- Strong experience with HLSL or GLSL shading languages.
The successful candidate must also meet the following requirements
- Passion for videogames and extensive knowledge of different game genres across all platforms
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Positive attitude and a genuine team player
- A great ability to think creatively to overcome technical challenges.
By sending your CV and motivation, you agree that your data will be recorded in our database for 1 year and will be automatically deleted after 1 year.
Your data is used only for recruitment and selection purposes.
You may revoke this consent at any time, by sending an e-mail to: email@example.com
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org