We’re looking for a highly collaborative, passionate, and skilled Game Director that can support our content creation teams in our studio in Utrecht.
Our projects are a collaboration between multiple studios, driven from our partner studio in the US. The Game Director will work together with stake-holders at our partner studios as well as in partnership with the Art Director in-house, to create and guide the consistency in game direction of the project.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the other stakeholders in our partner studios to ensure the consistency of the projects overall game design.
- Take responsibility of the game direction within our studio and shepherd its implementation across the entire development process.
- Collaborate with the Art Director to understand the art direction and effectively convey it in the overall game direction.
- Collaborate with our design lead to help outline and define the overall game direction into gameplay elements.
- You have at least 9 years of previous experience in the games industry or a related industry
- Significant experience with game design.
- You have a pragmatic, hands-on problem-solving mentality.
- You work well in an environment with deadlines and milestones.
- Ability to make critical decisions under high pressure.
- Perfect knowledge of spoken and written English.
- Understanding of best practices for creating high quality gameplay experiences.
- Highly skilled in analyzing and prioritizing accordingly.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Maintains reliable data integrity.
- Maintains and displays a “can do” attitude.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Must be ethical and maintain confidentiality.
- Self-motivated and ambitious.
- Must be able to work under limited supervision.
- Strong ability to collaborate and influence across multiple disciplines.
- Demonstrable leadership abilities.
- Excellent creative mind.
- Open-mindedness and ability to create consensus.
- (Native) Dutch speaker.
By sending your CV and motivation, you agree that your data will be recorded in our database for 1 year and will be automatically deleted after 1 year.
Your data is used only for recruitment and selection purposes.
You may revoke this consent at any time, by sending an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Acquisition for this vacancy is not appreciated.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com